compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications; excellent benefits and paid parking employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Near Northside San Antonio Law Firm Seeks Experienced Transacational Paralegal
Looking for a career opportunity and a great place to work? You've found it! Our relaxed family-friendly atmosphere, hard working, professional team, and top-notch compensation and benefits package combine to make this one of the best small to mid-sized law firms in San Antonio. Our standards for employment are exacting because we strive to find the right candidate for every job the first time. During the application process we place as much emphasis on finding the right personality fit as we do on skills assessment--and perhaps more! If we hire you, we want you to stay and to succeed, it's as simple as that. If you do meet our qualifications, please apply today.
- 4 year degree from an accredited institution of higher learning; paralegal certificate in addition to degree preferred
- 2 or more years paralegal experience in TRANSACTIONS work, preferably CORPORATE and ESTATE PLANNING
- Some commercial litigation experience is a plus, but not required
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally
- Submit RESUME, COVER LETTER, and several recent WRITING SAMPLES via email
- Complete a formal application, personality profile, multiple interviews, and post-offer background check
A completed application and personality profile will be required PRIOR to the first interview; a background check will be required after an offer, if any, is made and before employment commences.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IF YOU DO NOT OR CANNOT MEET ALL OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO SUBMIT TO A BACKGROUND CHECK.
This is a career opportunity for an self-starter who can work with minimal supervision. The job requires a highly detail-oriented individual who works best in a supporting role, enjoys teamwork, and derives satisfaction from a job well done. This is an opportunity for a candidate with a minimum of 2 years of transactional experience to assume a highly responsible role with a busy practice group.
Background and skills:
- 4 year degree from an accredited college, liberal arts background preferred
- 2 or more years experience in transactions work in Texas
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office products, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Commitment to working with technology to improve efficiency and quality of work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Better than average attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Above-average organizational skills
- Highly developed sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills are essential
- Ability to work with firm personnel at all levels, and to supervise and train support personnel as appropriate
The paralegal will work with a team comprised of attorneys, legal support personnel, and administrative staff, and will be responsible for:
- Management of deadlines and statute of limitations calendaring for the practice group
- Drafting, proofreading and editing a variety of legal and non-legal documents, including a wide variety of transactional documents, correspondence, pleadings, PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets
- Working with the practice group attorneys on both simple and complex client matters involving small and large estates, business entities, and real estate transactions
- Communicating with clients by phone, email and mail
- Coding of documents for entry into the firm's electronic case management system
- Supervision/training of support personnel in the day-to-day management of the practice group's caseload
- Other duties as assigned
This law firm is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin, age or disabilities.
Salary - Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Benefits - Very competitive benefits and leave package
Career Level Required - Experienced (Non-Manager)
Experience Required - 2 to 5 Years
Education Required - Bachelor's degree required; paralegal certificate preferred in addition to Bachelor's degree
Job Type - Employee
Job Status - Full Time
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers