Mission Road Ministries is a non-profit organization serving more than 825 children & adults with intellectual & other developmental disabilities each day with residential, day services & vocational programs in San Antonio, Texas helping clients reach independence, productivity & inclusion in the community.
QR Code Link to This Post
Helps a person diagnosed with intellectual & other developmental disabilities reach their potential and live an independent lifestyle. Relate, interact and communicate positively. Support and assist individuals in developing skills that will further their independence, increase community involvement, and improve their quality of life.
We are looking for an individual to work 1:1 with a client in our deaf/blind program.
About the client:
Mild cognitive disabilities
Deaf and fluent in ASL
Essential Job Duties:
1. Personal Care Attendant
- Household duties
- Other tasks may be assigned
- Teaching tasks to increase independence in various areas (i.e. cooking skills)
You will be accompanying the individual to various activities that he is interested in going to. For example, haircut appointments, community activities and more.
You will be responsible for transporting him during your shift (mileage reimbursement). He communicates best with ASL, however, can communicate via text message.
About the shift:
Hourly, 28 hours/week
4 weekdays (flexible): 5p-10p
1 weekend (somewhat flexible): 9a-5pm
Client lives in the Northwest area
Benefits for PT employees:
- FREE dental, vision, and Gold's Gym membership
- 21 years of age or older
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test
- Prefer ASL skills but not necessary
How to apply:
- respond to this ad with your name and phone number and/or your resume
- visit our main campus at 8706 Mission Road to apply in person
- online at missionroadministries.org