Mission Road Ministries is a non-profit organization serving more than 825 children & adults with intellectual & other developmental disabilities each day with residential, day services & vocational programs in San Antonio, Texas helping clients reach independence, productivity & inclusion in the community.
Will be responsible for the smooth operation of assigned shift within assigned home, including indirect supervision of direct care staff.
Will serve as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team when needed.
Will assist in providing self-care training and therapeutic treatments to residents of mental and/or physical disability.
Will assist in providing self-help skills training and therapeutic treatments to residents with intellectual and/or physical disability.
On-call for assigned group home. To include being available to MRDC staff, families, physician offices, etc.
Be available to work shifts open at assigned group homes or when staff call out.
Major component of the position is "Active Treatment"--formal training to individuals in activities of daily living. Examples: teaching the individual: laundry skills, cooking or meal preparation skills, money skills, how to make a bed; self-med skills, social skills, self-help skills; communication skills, developing leisure skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing personal care tasks, including assistance with basic personal hygiene and grooming needs.
- Encouraging positive relationships between individuals
- Maintaining a safe environment for the residents
- Assisting with restroom assistance if needed
- Documenting services provided
- Performing various household chores such as light cleaning, laundry, bed making
- Planning and making meals for the individuals
- Transporting clients and/or running errands for clients
- Other duties required as assigned
We have two positions available - One is in the NW and one is the NE.
Shift: M-Fr 6a-2p and on-call
Qualifications, Education, Experience: High School Graduate or equivalent. Associate's degree preferred. 1-2 years of related experience. Prefer previous team leader or entry-level supervisory experience. Must be 21 years of age. Previous experience caring for children or adults with mental retardation preferred.
- 21 years of age or older
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test
How to apply:
- respond to this ad with your name and phone number and/or your resume
- visit our main campus at 8706 Mission Road to apply in person
- online at missionroadministries.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers