Medical Billing Clerk opening in NE San Antonio (Schertz/Cibolo Area). The primary job duty will be data entry and data verification through review of patient care reports, contacting patients via telephone, and obtaining information from hospital patient records departments. In addition, this position will assist with all functions in the EMS Billing Office including pre-billing, mail handling, pre-collections and other duties as assigned. Schedule is Monday- Friday, 8am-5pm and anticipated to last for the next 3-4 months. Pay rate is $12.10 per hour.
• Inputting patient demographic and clinical information into EMS Billing Software using patient care reports, hospital records, and hospital face sheets. Will verify completion of run reports daily.
• Handling of cash, checks, and credit cards and must properly post to appropriate account in EMS Billing Software.
• Processing all credit card authorizations for direct payment/ automatic bill payment and properly post to accounts in EMS Billing Software.
• Handling incoming calls and walk-in guests to assist patients with their account information.
• Verifying all insurance information using various resources and accurately notate in EMS Billing Software.
• Processing and mailing of all EMS statements as well as collecting, sorting, and delivering all EMS mail and pay checks to the appropriate locations
• Writing up customer service forms and direct patient complaints to appropriate personnel
• A High School Degree or GED equivalent is required.
• Must be able to type 35 wpm and be proficient with a 10 key
• Experience in data entry and computer usage
• Experience handling large amounts of mail on a daily basis is preferred.
• Healthcare billing experience and HIPPA knowledge is preferred.
• Experience collecting and processing payments for services is preferred.
• Experience in collecting debts and assisting people in setting up payment methods is preferred.
To apply, please submit a current resume to this posting.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers