compensation: $9 per hour employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
2 Part Time Thrift Shop Assistants
Job Title: Second Chances Thrift Shop Assistant
Organization: Helotes Humane Society
Compensation: $9 per Hour
Work Hours: 16 to 20 hours per week
Tuesdays, Wednesdays 10 am - 3 pm
Thursdays & Fridays: 9:45 am-3:15 pm
Saturdays: 9:45 am - 5:15 pm
Send resumes via craigslist email response.
Physical Requirements: Must have reliable transportation. Willingness to work weekends, holidays, and off-hours, on occasion. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. Will work in varied temperatures. Must be able to bend, stoop and lift.
Reports to: Thrift Store Manager
Under the direction of the Second Chances Thrift Shop Manager, the Assistant is responsible for helping with all thrift store operations. The shop Assistant will be engaged in cashiering, arrange items for sale to be posted on social media such as Facebook, Craigslist and other Social Media outlets. Participate in the work performed by volunteers in the thrift store and warehouse, ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures. Rotate, price and restock store merchandise to ensure quick turnover. The position requires a high degree of self-initiative, self-monitoring, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The thrift store assistant essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Assists in:
o Inventory control
o Lifting items such as furniture & boxes
o Sorting and pricing
• Actively engages customers on sale floor to increase donations and merchandise sales
• Provides excellent customer service by greeting and assisting customers and donors and responding to customer inquiries/complaints
• Promotes repeat business and word-of-mouth advertising through building of excellent customer relations
• Assists in overseeing acceptance of donations and assists in the occasional pick-up of donated items
• Ensures physical maintenance, cleanliness, and attractiveness of store and displays
Required Education and Experience:
The Thrift Store Assistant must have a high school diploma or GED. The position requires two years of progressively responsible experience in a retail store environment. Must have knowledge of the principles and practices of a retail store and the principles and practices of effective customer relations.
Qualifications and Professional Characteristics:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner.
• Retail Experience
• Must have strong skills in customer service, organization, interpersonal relations, time management and communication
• Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines and the ability to multi-task in an environment, where time is fragmented and interruptions are frequent
• Have a compassion for companion animals
• Knowledge of animal welfare principles, methods, and resources, as well as commitment to the mission and objectives of the Helotes Humane Society a plus.
• Must be able to be an effective team member and handle project leadership responsibility
• Must have working knowledge of posting on Social Media
• Have a valid driver's license and be a legal citizen of the United States
• Pass background check
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers