***YOU MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE DRIVING A MANUAL SHIFT AND HAVE ZERO RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR LICENSE***
QR Code Link to This Post
FirstOption WorkForce Solutions
San Antonio, TX
JOB TITLE: CDL Class A or B Cement Truck Driver
The Flowable Fill Truck Operator is responsible for operating a volumetric concrete mixing truck that is used primarily for delivery / mixing flowable fill for water and sewer line backfills but can also be used for delivering / mixing concrete for driveway and sidewalk restoration work. The Operator is responsible for loading sand with a front-end loader and cement from the storage silos into the truck. Daily cleaning of the auger and truck is required along with other preventive maintenance activities (housekeeping).
· Operating equipment such as front-end loader to load mobile concrete mixing truck
· Transporting equipment, tools, and materials to and from job sites
· Loading and unloading materials from trucks
· Conducts inventory of tools, equipment, and materials.
· Conducts inspections of equipment and reports mechanical concerns/issues for repair.
· May perform some manual labor work related to completing job
· Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Knowledge of operating characteristics and safety procedures for equipment being operated as well as materials, tools, and equipment commonly used in construction
· Knowledge of excavation, confined space, high pressure, electrical, and other safety hazards found in a construction environment
· Knowledge of safety practices and procedures, including traffic control
· Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position and work under adverse weather conditions
· Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Experience with construction preferred, concrete, flowable fill
· Valid Texas Class B Commercial Driver License w/ Med Card
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical requirements include lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds occasionally
Subject to standing, sitting, walking, climbing, bending, crawling, squatting, kneeling and working in cramped and strained positions for long periods of time to perform job scope. Requires visual acuity and speech and hearing.
Working conditions are primarily outside with frequent exposure to inclement weather; wastewater; mechanical, electrical, chemical and confined space hazards; offensive fumes; excessive noise; heavy traffic; deep excavations; and animals, snakes and poisonous insects.
Required to work hours other than regular schedule such as days, nights, weekends, holidays, on-call and rotating shifts
SHIFT: 8AM-5PM Mon-Fri
PAY RATE: $20/hour
Compensation & Benefits:
FirstOption Workforce Solutions offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
FirstOption Workforce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.